Thursday, November 5, 2009

life at the hotel.

tonight, my roomie and i ordered chinese food and watched greys and private practice in my hotel room. its our last night at the hotel - provided bed bugs don't come back. i don't even want to think about bugs anymore. as much as i've enjoyed having my bed made for me every morning by the housekeeping staff, i'm incredibly anxious to get back into a room in res and get settled again. for the last four weeks, i've been living out of my suitcase and my car. i have no idea where any of my school stuff is. it's been crazy and i'm really glad to be going back. but as much as i love school - and yes, i realize how nerdy that is - i really hate being in oakville. it has nothing to do with the city or the people. but i miss my life last year. if i had known i was going to spend a quarter of first semester living in a hotel and moving back and forth between rooms, i would have much rathered stayed at home and braved the commute. or lived in hamilton with my roomies from last year. i miss them so much.
it just sucks when you get that nostalgic feeling about something but there's nothing better about your current situation to compare it to.
i'm not saying i hate my life or anything drastic like that. britt and i get along great and i'm so lucky that i didnt get stuck with a crazy roommate :S
i guess i'm just tired of the same old thing. i'm pretty much the last person within my group of friends that is still a full-time student and i'm tired of having no money and having to work a part-time job on the weekends and doing homework when everyone else can do fun things. this is just a crappy rut.
everyone (my mom, specifically) tells me that i will miss school when i'm working full time but i truly don't think i will. when my mom was my age, she was married and already had me. everyone around me is engaged or moving out (or in together) or having babies and i'm just ready to have a real life like the rest of these people.
sigh.
until then i guess i'll pack up my life so that i can check out of the hotel in the morning. should be fun times. packing isn't as fun when you have nowhere exciting to go.

side note. i realize i am debbie downer tonight but i'm really not that upset. just bored i guess. and maybe kinda lonely too.
another side note. - i love my boyfriend and i'm sure the three people that actually read this will groan as they read that i'm so incredibly thankful to have found the one person who has been able to make me pee my pants laughing on a daily basis for over 12 months. i'm crazy, and he knows it. but as ms. bradshaw said.. "if you can find someone to love the you that you love, well..that's just fabulous."
it is fabulous. i wish you all the exact same feeling.

sweet dreams! xo

3 comments:

  1. I totally feel the exact same way about everyone moving on and still being stuck at school! It's terrible!
    Also the whole boy thing. It's just fabulous being happy and in lurve!
    P.S. You're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE cute. i love that you commented! i honestly thought no one would read this hahaha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hi, i'm creepy mccreeper pants, reading your blog too!

    don't feel bad about being a debbie downer, you're allowed to be that way sometimes.

    "i guess i'm just tired of the same old thing. i'm pretty much the last person within my group of friends that is still a full-time student and i'm tired of having no money and having to work a part-time job on the weekends and doing homework when everyone else can do fun things. this is just a crappy rut." - AMEN, sista! i feel your pain. i'm 26 & most of my friends have real careers and husbands and babies (no thanks yet, but still..) and i feel so behind & peeved that i'm stuck doing homework & working my shit-ass part-time job at food basics.

    in the end though, it'll allll be worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete